Friday, 17 August 2012

10-minute Haircut. ...Anyone?

I'm fascinated by this barbershop that my hub and my sons frequent. QBhouse offers 10-minute haircut for 10sgd.  The  rates are the same for both adults and kids. It cost a little more than kiddie rates in the beauty salons (8sgd) but what I'm impressed are its efficiency, cleanliness and no-nonsense service.

The QBHouse originated in Tokyo, Japan.  They are all over Singapore, Hongkong and Taiwan.



The staff don't handle money. You have to slid a 10sgd dollar bill into a vendo machine that pops out a card.  Hand the card over to the barber when it's your turn for a hair cut.


Each booth is a system in itself, especially designed for efficiency.    Clean neck paper, brand new comb for each customer, sterilizer for the razors & scissors, air washer (instead of shampoo), closet for customers' things and underneath, there's even a vacuum, that sucks the cut hair.



Photo from www.qbhouse.com

The staff wears sanitary vest and mask, as well.  With the air washer, and blower they leave no scratchy tiny hairs on the neck.  


When I first saw the shop, I raised my eyebrows.  What's the quality of a 10min haircut?!  I'm used to spending hours in the salon and bring the kids with me :)

Then, I brought them to a local barbershop and they had to queue for the Malay barber they prefer.  "Style Pinoy, mommy, please.. "  What the heck.  At the rate the boys grow their hair and frequent the salon,  might as well, settle for a no-nonsense 10min. service.

As I always say,  it's just hair, it will grow back! 

So, what do you think?  I got a free comb!  :) 


'til next adventure!

xoxo,
ripemango



2 comments:

  1. pogi pa rin. be it a 10minute or 30minute hair cut, boys just look better in a newly-cut hair. sa ating girls ang hindi pwede 'yan hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree. boys always look better, after a newly-cut hair. For us, girls, we need to be pampered and we go to to salons for therapy as well :)

      Delete